This is one of those slow jaw-drop villas to rent in Brazil.
As you weave up the cobblestoned drive to this villa holiday in Rio, the views across the coast start to unfold from one side, and from the other, appears the unexpected Santorini blue and white of Vila Regina.
Nestled in a private gated condominium in São Conrado, Vila Regina is an iconic mansion hidden among jungle-greens and colourful flowers.
Ex-home to Elis Regina, one of Rio’s greatest Bossa Nova singers of all time, this home was designed for her by the architect Fernando Portuguese and has to this day preserved every inch of her original elegance and effortless charm.
The main entrance brings you into a sun-filled living space with a mezzanine dining area where parts of the mountain rock the house leans on, are exposed through the wall.
The art and furniture have been handpicked by the owner over the years and now the households an impressive collection throughout.
Four suites, with two master bedrooms; one on the top floor terrace taking front seat view across Sao Conrado beach with direct access to the pool, sauna and kitchenette, and one on the main floor with its own spacious terrace, walk-in closet and a lavish bathroom.
The two other bedrooms have queen size beds, their own bathrooms and also look out over the magical views.
The terrace, trimmed by tropical rainforest, has astonishing views out across the sea, a beautiful swimming pool & BBQ on the decking, outdoor lounges and an al-fresco bar.
The kitchen is a newly renovated, open plan space with all amenities needed.
Wake up every day to the unparalleled views and the charming Carla serving you a healthy, hearty breakfast.
* A bossa nova spirit that lives on
* Spacious rooms with comfy beds
* Private bar
* A welcome breakfast is included.
* Delicious home cooked breakfast every morning, do the food shopping and daily housekeeping available 08:00 - 15:00.
The house belongs to a European/ Brazilian family and if you come with your children, there are all the amenities you may need for them, as well as a trustable babysitter available at your request.
This versatile spot in Rio with incredible energy and an effortless social calling has seen yoga classes, live music, incredible fiestas, long lunches and candlelit dinners...and many great feet have swept past the floorboards of this property...
* In a secure Condominium, only accessible by car
* Around the corner from Leblon & Ipanema by car, it is not advisable to walk
* Sao Conrado beach is a five-minute walk and it takes about 3 minutes to drive to Leblon
* Be friendly, leave 10% tips to the locals that help you when you can
* Gavea Beach & Qui Qui are two beach kiosks gone chic. Good for caipirinhas, fresh seafood and people-watching.
* Dias Ferreira is the most vibrant street in Leblon there you have several of the popular high end restaurants, like sushi Leblon, Celerio, CT Boucherie etc. And don’t miss the divine ice-cream at Momo’s.
* City Exploring
This four-bedroom home is located between Leblon and Sao Conrado in an exclusive neighbourhood with 24-hour security.
From the International airport of Rio (GIG) to Vila Regina, it's just over an hour in normal traffic.
London to Rio - approx 11 hours
Paris to Rio - approx 10 hours
Portugal to Rio - approx 7 hours
- 24 Hour Check-in
- Air Conditioning
- Baby bath
- Baby crib
- Babysitter recommendation
- Bar Private
- Books Kids
- Breakfast Included
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Daily Maid Service
- Free Cleaning
- Full Equipped Kitchen
- Gated Community
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Kids Friendly
- Laptop Friendly Workspace
- Linen Towels
- Music Library
- Parking Included
- Pets Considered
- Pool Private
- Private Car Park
- Private Chef
- Private entrance
- Satellite Or Cable
- Sea View
- Security System
- Smoking Forbidden
- Stereo System
- Videogame Console
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Work Desk